- Jordi-Hong Kong
- Brilliant bespoke tours. Cannot fault them. Catered to three generations with a limited time frame and we avoided crowds and saw the local experience.
- Traveled in October 2016
- Toni & Ronald - United States
- We made good use of Andrew Booth’s guide to Angkor, which is now a treasured souvenir of our trip. I did a lot of reading in advance, so I was familiar with the sources that he used and could appreciate how successfully he zeroed in on the most helpful information and left out the plethora of details many travel guides dump into their pages.
Our trip was excellent in every way, and we couldn’t have been more pleased with the itinerary. There were no glitches whatsoever, and everything promised on the itinerary was accomplished efficiently and thoroughly. We also felt very well taken care of when we got a phone call from your office halfway through the trip, asking if things were going well. We were originally drawn to About Asia because of its location in Cambodia, its educational program, the customized itinerary, and the depth in which the itinerary suggested we would explore each destination.
Your own responsiveness to my many questions and your willingness to provide quotes on so many possible itineraries reassured me that we would get the same kind of personalized service during the trip itself.
The guides were all excellent. They were always either on time or early, and they were very well-informed. Those who would be getting us to the airport for a flight had copies of our airline tickets, in case I’d neglected to print them from home. They frequently gave us additional help that needn’t have been part of their job.
Here are a few examples: in Saigon, Mr. Tiger recommended and helped us get tickets to the AO Show, which we enjoyed immensely. (...) In Hanoi, Mr. Cong added the water puppet show into our tour of the city, dropping us off at the theater, helping us purchase tickets, and making sure we could get back to our hotel. In Hue, Mr. Son cheerfully biked me to Vegetable Village when at the last minute I didn’t feel confident enough to bike on my own.
- 16 Days tour Cambodia & Vietnam – March 2016
- Brenda & Ellery - United States
- This goes out to everyone at AboutAsia who were involved in planning our fantastic vacation.
Thank you so much for the most wonderful vacation that we have ever been on. This perfect vacation exceeded all of our dreams. It was so wonderfully unforgettable. The great guides, drivers hotels and itinerary that you chose for us were perfect. Everyone was so nice and always helped us in any way they could. We never felt like we were afraid or unsafe.
We will definitely recommend AboutAsia to all our family, friends and anyone who is looking for information about travel to Southeast Asia. This vacation was perfect in every way and we owe it all to AboutAsia.
- 16 Days tour Cambodia – March 2016
- Sue - Spain
- ABOUTAsia are brilliant. From my initial email enquiry right through to the depart at the airport, they couldn't do enough for us. They easily accommodated our out of the ordinary requests and indecision on dates, never pressurising, always suggesting.
They went out of their way to ensure everything was just perfect. The knowledge and friendliness was exceptional. I would highly recommend this company for the tours alone, which I did not feel were expensive despite the luxury tag, but when you also add in their commitment to the schools and local community, then you would be mad not to use them. Well done ABOUTAsia.
- 5 Days tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2016
- Floyd - USA
- My wife and I arranged a guided tour for two in Cambodia and Laos, after we briefly visited Thailand on our own in November, 2015. We have traveled widely, and do not like large tour groups. We had goals of not only visiting the tourist highlights, but also having the opportunity to interact with local people who are not directly employed in the tourist or hospitality industry. I am an avid photographer and hoped to get some great photo opportunities. AboutAsia came through big time, with a customized itinerary that met all our wishes. The guides and drivers were wonderful and we were happy with the hotel accommodations as well. it's also definitely a plus to spend our money with a socially responsible company. Highly recommended!
- 2 Weeks tour Cambodia and Laos – Jan. 2016
- An - Vietnam
- ABOUTAsia was a perfect choice for our first tour in Asia. We telt we were guests, more than tourists. We appreciated the small group, the private tour, the discovery of the country side with various means of transport and the encounter with local people and food.
- 2 Days tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2016
- Caroline - UK
- We spent two weeks in November on a wonderful holiday in Cambodia organised by the amazing About Asia team. It just couldn't have been better and we are recommending them to everyone who will listen! From start to finish the trip was well thought through, detail perfect and rich in experience and relaxation. They put together a detailed itinerary just for us and every day was brilliant. One hundred percent excellent! Thank you About Asia.
- 2 weeks tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2016
- Sherry - Australia
- I’ve been in travel for 26 years, putting together itineraries like this in Europe and Australia. I thought this was run perfectly and delivered the crowd avoidance aspect and upmarket feel we wanted. Villa Chandara was icing on the cake. Danny is an excellent tour guide (and I have hundreds to compare him to), any English speaking guests world be impressed. Thank you !
- 4 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Dec. 2015
- Angela - UK
- We visited Cambodia in August 2015 and took part in the 'Angor Wat without the crowds' tour. It was truly amazing, our guide Mr Bunchay was incredibly knowledgable, and we had a fabulous experience. From the minute we were met at the airport, to the emotional farewell at the airport, every bit of the tour was wonderful. If you want to see Angkor Wat and the Angkor Archaeological Park (please do, at least once in your life) I recommend going with About Asia. We experienced so many different things, its hard to list them all. Excellent, 5 stars, highly recommended.
- 5 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Sep. 2015
- Steve - United States
- I just returned from my travels which included your tour in and around Siem Reap. I wanted to tell you that your tour was wonderful, exceeded my exectations. I appreciate your flexibility in adjusting the tour to meet my schedule. In addition to the sights visited, I especially appreciated the knowledge and hospitality of my guide, Mr. Ou Nivvith.
- 3 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Sep. 2015
- Mary - United States
- "Perfect ending to discovering Asia"
Spent 5 nights here as we visited the gorgeous temples of Angkor Wat. It was a perfect stay from the first welcome reception of Jasmine scented icy cold towels, and bottles of chilled water. Dips in the pool after a day of touring, and surroundings that are a contemporary and traditional blend made for a relaxing stay. The staff are warm and welcoming and go out of their way to help you savor your time in Siem Reap. We booked Shinta Mani through ABOUTAsia who coordinated a week of personal tours, greeted us upon arrival at the airport and provided transport to the resort and return transport to the airport. Our guide Manay was excellent and gave us a local’s perspective.
A great organization and definitely the highlight of our month in Southeast Asia.
- 5 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Apr. 2015
- Connie & Vicki - United States
- I want you to know what really made this trip the trip of a lifetime for us, our guides. Our expert guide and driver were absolutely the most delightful portion of our trip in Siem Reap. They made this trip personal in every way. We were so moved by the Tonle Sap family we visit that we cried upon leaving them. This type of ‘real’ cultural exposure was EXACTLY what we wanted, and I believe our guide, “Dave,” sensed this from day one. By the time we left both Vicki and I felt we had much more than a travel memory. We had new friends! Friends we plan to stay in touch with and hope to one day see again. These two jewels were indeed what made our trip an experience I believe we can never match. As an anthropologist who wants to see and experience the true culture of a new land, not just the tourist spots, I could not have asked for more!
We are planning our trip for next year (likely England or China) and often remark that we will likely never again experience a trip such as we had in Cambodia.
Thank you from the top of our hearts for the most memorable experience of our lives.
- 7 Days tour in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Feb. 2015
- Pranisha - South Africa
- The guide was very personality very knowledgeable and explain very well. Willing to get feedback from guests to improve. Went out of the way to accommodation us. My driver was very pleasant and attentive driver. I had the excellent food at the village restaurant. Very hospitable and service was 10/10 the best meal in Cambodia.
- 5 Days tour in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Jan. 2015
- Kristen - Republic of Korea
- The guide Mr. Keo Bunthoern. He was extremely knowledgeable and friendly which made this trip well worth it. He went above and beyond, talking about Cambodia life. Recommend him the world. Our driver was extremely professional and friendly. The car was cleaned when we were at stops, he help carry personal effects and was a phenomenal driver. The breakfast was fantastic.
- 4 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2015
- Robyn - Australia
- Danny was very knowledgeable providing us with a good insight into the temple, the people and the religion of the people, Danny made the tour fun for our 8 years old son. Mr. Moa is an excellent driver very safe and competent. He was always very polite and helpful and always on time. The sunset drink and the snack were very good and relaxing. The lunch venues we dined at during the tour had good selections and were clean and well price.
- 6 Days tour in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Jan. 2015
- Tyson - United States
- The guide was very smart, articulate, attentive, conscientious guide. I would recommend him to others in the heartbeat. Beautiful English. The driver was excellent. His English is also good. Very attentive to our need and flexible. Amazing driving skill considering the challenges of driving in Cambodia. All the meal were excellent, appropriate and well selected. Enjoyed the quiet spaces for snacks and meals.
- 4 Days tour in Siem Reap charming city, Cambodia – Dec. 2014
- Barlow - New Zealand
- I had a very interesting and well informed guide who coped in a helpful kindly way when some exploration appeared challenging. My driver was very careful and capable driver who concentrated totally in his driving. The sun set drink and snack at Angkor moot and lunch at Tonle Sap were both memorable. Overall, a wonderful experience in Cambodia.
- 10 Days tour in Siem Reap, Battambang, Phnom Penh and Kep, Cambodia – Dec. 2014
- MICHELLE - Singapore
- I had a fantastic time and fantastic guide. Mr. Han was very attentive guide to our family and accommodated all mind changes. He is a great guide, and I would highly recommend him to others. The driver was very good and always on time.
- 5 Days tour in Siem reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Oct. 2014
- Ella - Canada
- A wonderful guide Mr. Bunchay taught us a lot about Cambodia, history its people customs. He make our trip great. Most enjoyable great photographer. Mr. Sophal was a careful and confident driver. We enjoyed him quiet but liable manner. The food was very good and excellent presentation.
- 7 Days tour in Siem reap, Cambodia – Oct. 2014
- Melinda - Australia
- Dany was great guide as well as very knowledgeable. His understanding of the world culture, religions and the ways they blend into society and his ability to explain. He is charming, experience love that guy. Opportunity to purchase or provide plastic protection for temple passes. Would be good as they make a great souvenir. Ou driver was great we felt safe and confident at all time. The meal, it was excellent.
- 10 Days tour in Siem reap, Cambodia – Sep. 2014
- Elizabeth - United Kingdom
- The driver was always there, always smile, always offering towel + water. Everything we could have asked for. And tuk tuk too. we cannot speak highly enough of Mr keo. He is a delightful guide, with explain skills in his job.
- 2 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Oct. 2014
- Sara - Japan
- Incredibly knowledgeable guide, genuine and trustworthy. He really took care of us, helping with suggestion for food, trip and important points about culture. We can't imagine a better guide! We felt safe and had trust in our driver.
He was great!
- 6 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia – Oct. 2014
- Chris & Jo ECROYD - New Zealand
- We had a wonderful guide, very sincere, shows great passion for his country. Demonstrates a thirst for more knowledge. Great to have him accompany us on our trek. Our driver was excellent service in all aspect. The breakfast and lunch on the boat at Tonle Sap was excellent.
- 7 Days tour in Siem Reap, Charming city, Cambodia – Nov. 2014
- Shirly- Singapore
- I had an extremely great driver He make sure we return back in his clean car. We always get our water and towel ready for us at all time. Our guide: "Joe" is super friendly and he has a kind heart. With many years of his experience in his working life make him a great guide. The food at the restaurant was very nice too. 5 Days tour in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- 5 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Nov. 2014
- Camilla & Nicholas - UK
- Wow wow wow!!! Our tour was incredible!!! Our guide Mr Lim Manay was absolutely brilliant!!! He made the tour spectacular, being so knowledgable about the temples, the history and giving us so much information we felt like we could really understand so much about Cambodia, the people and Siem Reap. We had a lot of questions and he was very patient and answered everything with so much detail!
Our driver was brilliant also and the service was excellent.
We will ensure you recommend the company to everyone!
- 3 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Aug. 2014
- Vicky - Australia
- I love all parts of our trip - I felt so relieved that I actually had an agent which organized all my transportation, guide and hotels. It made it so much easier for us and I guess with two girls travelling, it was the right choice. I love all the guides, they were such an important part of our trip - so knowledgeable but so fun and happy to hang out with too. I personally enjoyed Battambang and Koh Kong the most but loved all parts of Cambodia.
- 15 Days City to Coast Tour, Cambodia – May. 2014
- Angeliki - Greece
- We liked all the sites visited and cannot really choose... Bayon, Ta Prom, Beang Mealea are probably our favorites. Also we enjoed the extra experiences (boat ride on the moat of Angkor with G&T in hand, breakfast at Ta Nei, which we explored almost by ourselves) that we think made our trip unique.
- 3 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Apr. 2014
- Philip - Spain
- Siem Reap was outstanding. Probably liked Angkor Wat the least of all (whilst obviously hugely impressive we actually enjoyed the smaller temples much more. Especially the more "natural" less repaired ones. The guide was excellent & we really enjoyed the experience of having Damián with us for the day to explain in more detail. I think that in hindsight that we would have gone up in the helicopter beforehand to get an idea of the scope & size of the entire place. We loved the walk from the lake to the About Asia house... really felt as if we were seeing local life without any selling... We were the curiousity rather than the other way round which was refreshing! Well done these few Days were memorable & we'll do it again..
- 8 Days Siem Reap & Luang Prabang Tour, Cambodia & Laos – Apr. 2014
- Christina - US
- It was a bit of a risk, because I didn't see any personal sorts of reports on the internet so until the day I arrived I was slightly concerned it might be a scam and we'd arrive at the airport and be met by no one! I chose to take the risk because of About Asia's educational support and am glad to know that we could help that work through our travel. (For an idea of how much this meant to me, please know that our other option was a company that one of us had succesfully traveled with before and was also slightly cheaper but did not have the philosophy of About Asia.) Some of the more personal aspects of the itinerary (water blessing, etc., were also a factor).
- 8 Days Siem Reap & Phnom Penh Tour, Cambodia – Mar. 2014
- Bernhard - Kazakstan
- I was very impressed from the kindly and professional guidance you supplied on all areas with respect in knowledge and education. The choice of hotel, site seeing trip and lectures of Cambodia Nature was excellent.
- 11 Days Temples to Coast Tour, Cambodia – Mar. 2014
- Judy - Australia
- Visiting a number of temples near Siem Reap was wonderful (especially Ta Prom, where your crowd avoidance techniques worked extremely well). Also enjoyed some of the lesser known temples. Also enjoyed cycle tour of Phnom Penh. Visiting the prison & burial site was educational.
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Mar. 2014
- Denis - Switzerland
- Visit of stilted fishing village - absolutely impressing, authentic and something we have never seen before. Try the pan cake cookies, they are absolutely delicious.
- The Trip with the ox car, the walk & boat ride to the ABOUTAsia villa, as well as the rice pudding on the way. Drinks at the ABOUTAsia Villa were fantastic - great scenery and atmosphere....
- 5 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Feb. 2014
- Brenda - Australia
- Very difficult to say, I loved it all. I think the river trip on the Mekong to the silk farm was very interesting - the boat trip was wonderful, we loved the hospitality of the lady at the farm and the silk items we bought are so beautiful. We also adored Angkor Wat and all the temples, the palaces in Phnom Penh and I think most of all the people of Cambodia are so lovely. G&Ts on the moat around the temple were also great. There was nothing we disliked. Our guide was excellent - very friendly and helpful. Always there on time. Got our tickets, gave ideas on restaurants to visit. It made such a difference having someone to explain everything. It was good to have decided beforehand what we wanted to do, because the trip was quite full on and if we had been left to our own devices, we would not have had so much fun. Our driver was also very good, very polite and the cold water and air conditioning were very welcome.
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Feb. 2014
- Jonathan - UK
- Well,what can i say about our amazing holiday organised by you and your company.We had the best experiences imaginable thanks to the near perfect organisation provided by the guides and excellent drivers.The pace of the holiday was superb with little changes here and there to accomodate us throughout without compromising the tours and not missing out on a thing.Our guide in Phnom Penh was Naroth,a very passionate man and proud cambodian who was well qualified to present this particular part of the tour and its sensitive issues and gave excellent information to us.Naroth also gave us some space and time to digest the recent violent past of Cambodia and to reflect quietly before moving on.Thank you Naroth,we will always remember the killing fields and time meeting a former prisoner which was emotional and difficult.Also the driver was excellent and courteous at all times and we felt safe and secure.The only thing that would have made our intoduction to Phnom Penh better was the possible offer of a beer or glass of wine on the sunset boat trip,especially as it was our 1st evening there,but we still enjoyed it.
We arrived in Siem Reap and began another well organised and special part of the tour again with the excellent Raksa as our guide and another great careful driver.Again we felt under no pressure and could tweek things to suite our needs which we did with such charming courteous help.This time the sunset boat trip was awesome with a couple of g and tees and snacks provided during the most amazing sunsets.Raksas Knowledge and enthusiasm in the many temples and their complex details and history was always interesting and never boring.We really enjoyed his company and our many chats and he looked after us very well.Thankyou Raksa.
Finely,the sunrise over Ankgar Wat was the final chapter of our wonderful Cambodian holiday,beautiful,almost serene people with incedible smilesAnd thanks for the picnic lunch at Tonle Sap lake.The fishing villages were not to be missed.Thankyou Kelly for your part in the organisation and i will recommend this to everyone who wants a genuine cambodian experience.
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Feb. 2014
- Inga - US
- Its hard to pick a favourite experience, as all Days and activties were amazing!! The breakfast at the temple, the sunset boatride and the walk through the villages with the photographer and the guide were really great and especially having the opportunity to get to know local life and to experience the local culture and talk to people were great! Big thank you to our guides Rithy Yam and Kimleng for introducing us to real Cambodian lifestyle and country side! Very professional appearance, excellent support and very unique program! We enjoyed every moment of our trip and were impresses by how efficient and quick everything was organised. The attention to detail was truly amazing and we felt very well looked after. Furthermore were we impressed about the support that About Asia provides to local schools and charities. An excellent travel experience with a good cause that is supported at the same time = a genuinely happy traveller!
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Feb. 2014
- Stephanie & Larry & Kids - China
- First off, i like the fact that your company help the community. 2ndly, AboutAsia seems to know Cambodia well & your website & brochure were very helpful. Boat ride on Tonle Sap (floating village) & visiting one of the families on the village. It had a strong impact on my children seeing how the people lived, the hardships they endure everyday. Meeting one of the families & talking to them was definitely an eye opener for my kids.
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Feb. 2014
- Linda & Arthur - US
- We have just returned from our tour to Ankor et al. Our tour guide Silem was extremely knowledgeable, personable and communicated (she speak English) perfectly, she did a fantastic job! Also our driver was excellent, providing cold water and towels regularly - great job and well done we are very pleased with your staff and service.
- 4 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Feb. 2014
- Ivor - UK
- Lion (our guide) was thoroughly engaging for the whole time we were with him. He was very entertaining and chatty throughout the 5 Days, talking about all manner of things not just the sights on the itinerary. He was enthusiastic about all of the sites and temples and quick to point out the most interesting features and best photo opportunities, including taking photos of us. He showed great enthusiasm playing barman on the boat at Angkor Thom moat and serving the picnic on Tonle Sap lake. He was particularly impressive in returning to our hotel in the late afternoon after we had contacted him when realising we had left a handbag in the car. He came back to our hotel to return it when we would have been satisfied for him to bring it with him the next day. He was good company as well as a good guide.
- 2 Weeks Temples to Coast Tour, Cambodia – Jan. 2014
- Jack - US
- Two couples returned from a three-week, five-country Southeast Asia trip on January 6, 2014. We did a "side trip" to Cambodia and Angkor Wat/Siem Reap for just three Days-crazy as we know we needed more time there. But in 20 years of travel, arranging private tour itineraries on several continents, without reservation I can say Andy Booth and About Asia may be the best we have ever used. His flexibility, personal attention to detail, unique experiences he arranged for us, his guide and driver and supporting personnel never saying "no," all going above and beyond really did help create top lifetime travel memories. We know we weren't his largest customers, but honestly felt like he treated us like we were. Everything he promises on his website is true!
For all of that we give our highest recommendation to Andy and About Asia Travel. The "other person" you may have reference to is not in the same league. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to use Andy and About Asia again.
- 3 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2014
- Anne - US
- The whole experience was fantastic but walking in to Angkor Wat the "back way" in the dark to be in place for the sunrise was creepy and great fun and being nearly the first at vine-choked Prasat Pram was a delight. Also loved the sunset boat ride on the moat with G & T in hand. Hate to sound so gushy but really, we've traveled a lot and used many other companies and this was the perfect tour for us. We got exactly what we wanted. First rate job –– bravo!
- 5 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2014
- Cecilia - Afghanistan
- I loved all the different experiences I had: temple, countryside, lake, cooking and art. Each was wonderful, but being able to visit the countryside and eat freshly prepared special foods was truly an amazing experience. Gaining an understanding of how rice is grown and experiencing eating freshly prepared foods from home kitchens was so enjoyable: the food was delicious, the people so charming and true - I felt sincerely welcome.
- 5 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jan. 2014
- Susan - Japan
- Excellent itineraries; solid reputation. Also, even though the costs were higher than I'd originally planned, I decided that your philosophy of turning profits into education made it worth every penny. Your work with partners such as Shinta Mani who also suppor education and small business ventures as well as building in excursions to events like the circus which directly support the youth of Cambodia fit with my values and allowed me to feel like I wasn't just a tourist, but a traveler who could give back. I'm so glad we did book with AboutAsia -- it was the best decision possible! Thank you! The person I worked with in planning the trip (Anna) was wonderful!
- 9 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Dec. 2013
- Jack - US
- "... in 20 years of travel, arranging private tour itineraries on several continents, without reservation I can say Andy Booth and ABOUTAsia may be the best we have ever used."
- Siem Reap Tour, Cambodia – Dec. 2013
- Brooke & Andrew - US
- Two months ago, my wife (Brooke Porter, editor with Travel + Leisure magazine) and I took a two-day tour with ABOUTAsia through the temples of Angkor and around the small villages near Siem Riep as part of our three-week honeymoon across Southeast Asia. You may remember we walked through the rice fields behind the stilted house together and saw a rainbow. (You also gave me a hot pink sari to wear as we crossed one of the canals).
Out of all the places we visited during our travels, Siem Reap and the temples of Angkor was one of, if not the, highlight of our travels. Much of the credit goes to our tour guide, Bonchay. He was beyond unbelievable. Not only did he know everything about the history and culture of Cambodia and the temples, but he was so passionate about his country and people. He really has all the traits that one could want in a guide - friendly, knowledgeable, responsive, knowing when to talk and when to let us soak in the sites...
In addition to Bonchay, the tour was perfectly crafted. It had a wonderful balance of seeing the historic temples, experiencing the villages and people, and creating some relaxing and romantic moments (e.g., tea and pastries in the tuk tuk, cocktails in the boat ride around the moat). And as advertised, we avoided the crowds, always heading in the opposite direction of traffic.
On top of all of that, Brooke and I got to support such great causes - schools and education.
We had an incredible experience, and we are very thankful that we got to see Cambodia through ABOUTAsia.
We wish you and ABOUTAsia the best in the future, and truly hope to return to Cambodia very soon.
- Siem Reap Tour, Cambodia – Dec. 2013
- Tracey - UK
- We enjoyed every aspect of our 6 night Taste of Cambodia tour - it would be difficult to pick out one thing. The sights were impressive and the guides were excellent, giving us a real insight into life and culture in Cambodia.
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Dec. 2013
- Krysia - UAE
- We adored all of our time in Cambodia. Siem Reap was amazing and our guide was just fabulous, he made our time there very special. We were very impressed with the whole trip. We would recommend to anyone, it was very special and would not hesitate to use you again should we be in that area of the world.
- 10 Days Tour Siem Reap & Song Saa Island, Cambodia – Dec. 2013
- Jay - UK
- In organising our wish list for our time in Siem Reap, we found that About Asia lived up to all we had read about them.
- 9 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Nov. 2013
- Mona & Joseph - Italy
- I really enjoyed the Bird Watching expedition in Siem Reap also the minority village excursion helped explain what the HUSK Foundation does for the community. The private dinner was also well worth the time and money, I had no idea of what to expect but basically my wife and I were treated as royalty during that event. Our host,"Nory" went above and beyond to ensure satisfaction of all our gourmet & gastric desires. Flying around Siem Reap temples with Heli-star tours was also an eye opener since I am a retired military helicopter maintenence technician and an aviation enthusiast. I was very impressed with the pilots coordination of skills and helicopter operating abilities.
The PHARE Circus was fantastic and we even went to the training camp in Battambang to review it from scratch, I highly recommended it to a family I met from Australia on our way back from the Phnom Penh wildlife rescue center. The Bamboo Train was also a very unique and wonderful experience, never could even imagine something like this was in existence Our Stay at the Battambang Resort was the icing on top of the cake,It is truely a hidden charm. My personal thanks to Jan and his wife Nary for their outstanding hospitality. The transportion from Battambang to Phnom Penh by land was an excellent opportunity to experience the landscape transitioning from agricultural farmland to a metropolitian city. I enjoyed the architectural city tour of Phnom Penh very much, although I felt awkward walking through the residents private living quarters from time to time. The cyclo mode of transportation was an excellent way to get great photos without getting hit by a car. The animal rescue
excursion event coordinated by the "Betelnut Tours" was a great adrenaline rush from the start. Riding in the back of a 4 wheel drive, open bed jeep was an adventure by itself. The tour guide, his wife, and our driver all did a first class job getting us to the refuge and back to our hotel safely and satisfied.
- 16 Days Tour Siem Reap, Phnom Penh & Battambang, Cambodia – Nov. 2013
- Norman - Canada
- Liked Beng Mealea and Tonle Sap. The sight was beautiful in its natural setting and there was no one there early in the morning when we first arrived. The same goes for Tonle Sap, the people at the house where we had lunch were warm and it seemed genuinely appreciative of our visit. The driver Sambat was excellent. He was attentive to a fault, always prompt, constantly providing us with face towels and water, excellent driving skills and a lambent countenance that was endearing.
- 4 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Nov. 2013
- Alison - US
- Truly exceptional experience. I can't recommend your team highly enough. THANK YOU!
Wonderful staff and amenities. They were kind to our children and the food was wonderful. Loved the social giving aspect of the company and we heard great things about the child friendly itinerary. We certainly found all of it true.
- 4 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Oct. 2013
- Abid - United Arab Emirates
- We have come away from our short visit to Cambodia with fond memories and a very favorable impression of the Khmer people due to our guide. His attitude and enthusiasm as well as his excellent command of the english language really made the difference. We highly recommend him as a guide and will refer your tour agency to others. We plan on coming back to Cambodia to see more of the country next year.
- 4 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Oct. 2013
- Thomas - US
- We especially enjoyed the boat trip to see the fishing villages on Tonle Sap and the back streets architecture tour in Phnom Penh. We would not have been able to experience these on our own and we especially appreciated seeing how people worked and lived. Our favorite temples were Banteay Srei, Banteay Samre and Beng Mealea. We appreciated learning about the culture and history of Laos and Cambodia and about Buddhism from our guides. We liked just driving in the car or being on the boat and looking out the window at the rice fields, motorbikes and water buffalo.
Bon's nuanced command of English greatly contributed to our trip. He was incredibly knowledgeable about all of the temples. He worked very hard and long to show us the variety of temples, art and architectural styles. We particularly enjoyed his taking us to Banteay Srei, Banteay Samre and Beng Meala. We viewed the boat trip to the villages on the Tonle Sap and then the return drive through the beautiful country as one of the highlights of the whole tour.
Sonn was very friendly and engaging. He showed us a lot of interesting things in a short time. We especially enjoyed his taking us to the morning market after the monks' alms procession, which, apparently was not even part of the schedule. We really appreciated his enthusiasm for his country and learned a lot about the history and culture of Laos and Buddhism.
- 12 Days Tour Cambodia & Laos – Oct. 2013
- Pauline - UK
- Everything was excellent - gin and tonic on the moat at Angkor Thom/wonderful picnic in the boat at the floating villages/amazing temples being reclaimed by the jungle/Buddha park/elephant ride/spectacular waterfalls etc. etc.However for me I would highlight the cyclo tour of Phnom Penh with our young and so enthusiastic architecture student who showed us parts of the city we would otherwise never have seen. He was so passionate about his subject and made me feel I had had a glimpse of the real Phnom Penh and understood something of its history.My husband was deeply affected by Toul Sleng and the Killing Fields and so this was his highlight as it taught him so much about the country and its past. We bought many books to read and met a survivor who was promoting his book that day at Toul Sleng.
- 13 Days Tour Cambodia & Laos – Sep. 2013
- Marion, Sharon, Loretta & Alexis - Canada
- Our group of four have returned home today, following a wonderful week in Siem Reap. The four-day tour, that was arranged by your travel service, was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed the excursions to the temples, floating village and markets.Kanha is a well-informed historian and organized tour guide. He is also a skilled photographer and assisted us with our various cameras. His group-shots, taken of us, are priceless and very much appreciated.Kanha accommodated our many requests for additional ventures: the visit to Angkor Hospital for Children for our donation to the vision clinic, set up the meeting with the school for the visually and hearing impaired students for our donation of styluses, and school supplies and arranged tickets for the cultural dinner and dance performance, with prime seating next to the stage. It was a privilege to have him as our tour guide.Thy, our careful and safe driver, was punctual with the pick-up times and always polite and congenial. We felt we were in good hands, while riding in his immaculately clean van. His ice-cold drinks, at the end of a hot and humid day were such a treat.Thank you for setting up this special tour for us.
- 9 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Sep. 2013
- Maya - US
- Bunthouen was phenomenal! He knew answers to every random question I asked. He also has a sense of adventure - took me off the beaten path, showed me the local bugs and insects, made hilarious animal sounds. I really appreciated how he handled himself with other local people as well - always with respect and a smile. Lastly, he went above and beyond the call of "guide duty" and introduced me to a local delicacy - sticky rice!
- 4 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Aug. 2013
- Nicolas - Hong Kong
- I'm just writing a short message to notice that my trip in Angkor Wat was excellent and exactly at the measure I was expected ! Special Thank you to Vudthy , how was very aware of what I was expected , and all along the short time always nice , listening and looking for my needs. With Prown ( the driver , not sure about the name's spell ) , we have a very good time , and laughing very often.I think and you probably much more knows that me, visiting Angkor area will be worse and worse for avoid the crowd , but please keep it like that because it is very good way for kind of client like me !
- 4 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – Jul. 2013
- Iza Mazrini - Malaysia
- Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Elephant's Terrace and Terrace of the Leper King - the entire day was spent learning about these temples. Our guide, Sean Mardy was very knowledgeable about the history, carvings, the story behind the temples, carvings and statues. He spent a lot of time explaining to us things we wouldn't have picked up in books etc.Sean Mardy was a very good guide that day and we enjoyed that day immensely. He also helped my mum on the steps to Angkor Wat and encouraged her to do so. She is 70 years old and with his positive encouragement, she was more than willing to endure the steps. A job well done to Sean Mardy.
- 6 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Jun. 2013
- Richard - Australia
- Ratha (and the driver) were courteous at all times. They spared no effort in making our trip comfortable, informative, entertaining and enjoyable. Ratha shared his excellent knowledge of the archaeological sites and Cambodian society and history. The friendliest and most courteous service we have experienced in dozens of countries. Never had better.ABOUTAsia received good comments in an online trip advisor that we looked at. Then, when we enquired by email the responses from Savonn were always prompt and fully informative. We felt confident that the suggested itinerary was thorough and appropriate to our needs. The price was more than competitive.
- 6 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – May 2013
- Suet Yee - Singapore
- I have never booked a tour and usually prefer to go around on my own. For Siem Reap and the temples however, I really wanted to have an experienced and professional private tour without the usual tourist trappings. Your company struck me as very professional and a cut above other operators in terms of knowledge of sites, authenticity, and in your handling of personalised itineraries and experiences.I also like that your company is contributing its profits and professional training/knowledge to Cambodians. It is something that means a lot to me.
- 5 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Apr. 2013
- Catherine - Singapore
- We loved so many things, hard to chose one... I think everyone's favourite was the trip to Beng Meala and Kompong Phluk, because of the different activities and experiences. This was our first time out of the city so the trip through the countryside was quite interesting.Beng Meala is beautiful in the middle of the forest... We went there in the morning and there were already quite a lot of Chinese tourists but well... Kompong Phluk was a great experience, we loved seeing the village and talking to the people, they were so welcoming. And the picnic lunch was delicious...
- 7 Days Tour Siem Reap & Phnom Penh, Cambodia – Apr. 2013
- John - Australia
- About Asia Travel is the ONLY company you want to organise your visit to this remarkable country. We visited for five or six Days in July 2012 and were as impressed with the itinerary, accommodation, guide and driver as were with the temples and the lovely people of Siem Reap. About Asia also organised the brief stop over we had in Vietnam.
The fact that About Asia Travel profits ALL go to About Asia Schools should be reason alone to use them.
We chose About Asia Travel based on a Sydney Morning Herald article which was glowing in its reporting on their ability to get you to the temples without the crowds. 100% accurate. Use with confidence.
- 5 Days Tour Siem Reap, Cambodia – July. 2012
Cambodia travel information and Angkor Wat tour specialists ABOUTAsia are based in Siem Reap just 4km from Angkor Wat. At the heart of the organisation is a guiding research centre providing Cambodia vacation advice and industry leading tours planning.
Peerless service standards and local positioning have made us the tour operator of choice by international luxury travel groups and discerning independent travellers to Angkor Wat, Cambodia and Southeast Asia.