- Location: Southeastern Asia, bordering the Gulf of Thailand. Shares borders with Thailand, Vietnam and Laos.
- Geographic coordinates: 13 00 N, 105 00 E.
- Map references: see our
- Cambodian maps page.
- Area: 181,035 sq km (Country comparison to the world - 89).
- Land: 176,515 sq km.
- Water: 4,520 sq km.
- Land boundaries: 2,572 km in total - Laos 541 km, Thailand 803 km and Vietnam 1,228 km.
- Coastline: 443 km.
- Maritime claims: Territorial sea - 12 nm, contiguous zone - 24nm, exclusive economic zone - 200 nm, continental shelf - 200 nm.
- Climate: Tropical climate with two seasons: wet season (May to November) and dry season (December to April). Little seasonal temperature variation.
- Topography: Flat plains and mostly low. Cambodia has well difined geographic regions. 75% of the country consists of the Tonle Basin and the Mekong lowlands. To the Southeast of the Tonle Sap is the Mekong Delta. Both the basin and the delta are surrounded by mountain ranges: to the southwest by the Cardamom Mountains and the Elephant range, and to the north by the Dangrek Mountains. The Cardamom mountains raise to more than 1,500 meters, and the highest peak in the country (Phnom Aural) is located in this mountain range and is 1,771 meters high.
- Drainage: Most of the major rivers in Cambodia drain into the Tonle Sap or into the Mekong river.
Map of Cambodia
- Agriculture products: rice, rubber, corn, vegetables, cashews, tapioca, silk.
- Natural resources: Oil and gas, timber, gemstones, iron ore, manganese, phosphates, hydropower potential.
- Total renewable water resources: 476.1 cu km.
- Environment issues: Illegal logging throughout the country. In the western region along the border with Thailand the strip mining for gems has led to declining biodiversity, soil erosion, in rural areas restricted access to potable water, declining fish stocks because of illegal fishing. History: Please see our history page.
Peerless service standards and local positioning have made us the tour operator of choice by international luxury travel groups and discerning independent travellers to Angkor Wat, Cambodia and Southeast Asia.